Accessibility | Subscribe to e-newsletter
Navigation Menu

from West Africa to West End

THE FISHERMEN
 
" I thought they were mad. But they pulled it off--big time. And with the talented two-man cast, the playwright, the director, and crew, the final product is, frankly, a theatrical marvel."
Chigozie Obioma, 2018
 
The Fishermen Appeal
After premiering the stage adaptaion of Chigozie Obioma's heartwrenching Nigerian novel last year, The Fishermen was one of the most talked about productions at the Edinburgh Fringe, winning The Stage Award for outstanding performances.  This year the production has been selected for performances as part of the British Council Edinburgh Showcase 2019, followed by a West End transfer to Trafalgar Studios  3 September - 12 October 2019.

Transferring the production to the West End is  a significant undertaking for New Perspectives. As a Fishermen Champion you will make difference by:
- raising awareness of award-winning theatre made in the East Midlands
- supporting diverse voices in the West End
introducing our work to national and international audiences 
 
We welcome your support and for each donation of £500 will in return offer:
- an invitation for two people to attend the  West End opening at Trafalgar Studios on 5 September 2019
- a credit in the West End programme
- a signed framed poster of the production
- an opportunity to meet the cast for a drink after the performance
- priority access to tickets for other performances duing the West End Run
 
New Perspectives' charitable work costs almost £1/2 million each year. Funding from Arts Council England makes up 70% and the remaining 30% is secured through earned income and fundraising streams. It's essential to grow sustained income - the kind of investment needed to help plan and develop new productions, maintain access to high quality theatre in rural locations, expand our training and community outreach programmes and develop new plays to tour nationally and internationally. Your support is vital.

To make a donation simply download and return a Donation form

And remember: as a UK taxpayer, if you Gift Aid your donation this will add a further 25p per £1, which means that by working together we can make an even greater impact. Gift Aid s one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity. It is a scheme administered by the Inland revenue which allows us to claim 25p for every £1 that you donate. So, for example, if you donate £52 we can claim an extra £13, making your gift worth £65. You simply need to have paid or will pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax that is at least equal to the tax that New Perspectives and other charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs you donate to will reclaim on your donations in a tax year. To add Gift Aid please download and return this form along with your donation form Gift Aid Declaration form

For more information on making a donation please contact Sally Anne Tye, Executive Director on 0115 973 9121.



 

Welcome

New Perspectives is an East Midlands based national touring theatre company, with a specialty in creating dynamic performances for rural audiences. We make ambitious and original theatre, focusing on new writing, adaptations and revivals, which we present in community settings and venues nationally and internationally. We provide career defining training and mentoring opportunities for emerging regional talent and manage the rural touring scheme Northants Touring Arts . 


Whether you’re a theatre lover, rural champion, or believe in widespread access to the arts then please help us make our work. Like every actor on stage, or each word on the page, every donor plays a vital role, your support can make a real difference... Find out more

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR E-NEWSLETTER
 
 
 New Perspectives is a registered charity no. 1058309 
 

TOURING

THE FISHERMEN
Sun 7 July
Africa Writes Festival, London
Mon 19 - Sat 24 August
Edinbrugh Fringe
Tue 3 September - Sat 12 October
Trafagar Studios, London
 
AUTUMN TOUR

 
Raw and poetic take on an economically divided world

CHRISTMAS AND TOURING

A new fearless adventure
Unicorn, London
FrI 15 November  - Sun 5 January
 
 
 
 
 

NEWS

New Perspectives and the Unicorn join forces to bring Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen's brilliantly subversive picture book to the stage for the first time Find out more
 
Michael Pinchbeck's exploration of John Berger and Jean Mohr's seminal study of a rural doctor heads to Germany in June Find out more

The Fishermen returns to Edinburgh Fringe as part of this years EdShowcase line up before a 6 week Trafalgar Studio run marking New Perspectives West End debut Find out more here